Sunday, March 6, 2011

Enamel on copper, my new adventure!!!


I have an overwhelming amount of inspiration for where I would like to take the enameling medium.  So currently, I am working on paring down that list and getting realistic ! Right now I am working on the basics, learning how to use my kiln and the various ways to use the enamel powders.  It is an art that requires an open mind to variations and unexpected results.   It's just another way to make use of colored glass, which I realize gives many beads their appeal!

I have put the first 3 pairs of earrings together with beads and made some lovely earrings.  There are more finished enamels waiting for their final touches, either in the kiln, or mingling with the beads and chains, waiting to see what is the prefect match.

No comments:

Post a Comment