Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A learning experience


This is the display for my first ever craft sale/bazaar.  It turned out pretty good for my first time .  I know how well my general organization worked and have ideas of what to bring next time.  I did not, however,  get to test the functioning of my cash box or the Cash Register Application on my iphone!   The verbal response to my jewelry was great!  One pair of earrings sold which made back the table fee!  I feel surprisingly good even for lack of sales.  There was not a lot of heavy foot traffic at this bazaar.  Oak Harbor had 8 Holiday Bazaars that day.  This particular one had taken a few years off so maybe wasn't as well attended as some of the church sales or other school events.

I know a few display improvements I'll make at the La Conner event on December 4. In the next few weeks I'll be updating my Etsy shop,  making more stuff, and trying to figure out how to make my business work.  Another product line is in the works.  More about that later.

Another benefit, I met a very nice Avon lady who lives in Coupeville.  She had the booth next to me.  She actually won the pair of earrings I donated to the raffle!

No comments:

Post a Comment